Fieldwork Reflection!:)




          Tuesday was the last day of fieldwork ,FIREWORKS! The semester always flies by at the blink of an eye ! I learned so much along the way this semester. I have never taught a whole- class cooperative learning lesson and I have to say it was an awesome and enriching experience. Something magical happens when students work together, the projects they create are filled with honor and pride. During the Cooperative Lessons the students really learned and mastered the information because they had to talk to other peers about it and discuss. My group decided to use random grouping for the students but there are several other approaches to grouping. Students were excited to present their projects and really took ownership over their project.
        My favorite lesson my group taught was our Direct Instruction Lesson. I found we did a great job explaining the material and keeping the students attention. Our inquiry based lesson was a great concept but time management was our down fall here and in our Cooperative Lesson. I will take the experience of poor time management and make sure I will use time better in my future classroom. 
       I want to briefly talk about the other groups, I loved how group 1 wrote their own constitution for the classroom, I think that's an awesome pre activity to use for history and I will DEFINITELY be implementing that activity in my future classroom. Group 3 had my favorite Petunia the panda from the new iPhone app which I LOVED and the students loved as well. The BINGO game was also a beloved Guided Practice activity I  will be sure to incorporate!! Group 4 had a Mining for Gold behavior game that I thought would be an effective idea as well. Each group did great and brought high quality ideas to the table.
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE :)

Comments

  1. Hi Megan! I agree, I think our direct instruction was my favorite of our lessons as well. I think that lesson went the most smoothly and the students did a great job participating through out the lesson. Everyone had great lessons this semester and I think the students really enjoyed all of them. Fireworks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment