Today's the DAY


        ARFE YOU READY TO SHOW US YOUR SOCIAL STUDIES SWAG ?!

   Today was our Direct Instruction Lesson, And as usual I was a ball of emotions.  Here  is a picture of me holding the teacher bag Anna got me for Christmas by the way! The purpose of our lesson was for students to gain knowledge about the period when the U.S. became a country. This study will involve students collecting facts presented to them and then using their knowledge to complete various tasks such as: checks for understanding, a vocabulary matching game, and a writing activity where the students will complete four tweets, and an exit ticket. In order to explore this focus students utilized their note taking skills.
           There's a lot I loved about this lesson today and a lot I didn't love. I definitely learned a lot of things from my peer feedback and my own reflections about the afternoon. I'm really excited for our inquiry and cooperative lessons next week, there super fun! I really enjoyed the swag dollars, but I think we should have really implemented them better.

           Overall I thought it was a different concept and we wanted to try it out! here's our slide about it to show how it worked. 
! The Vocabulary game was also a great idea, I saw it at Horizons and was eager to try it out. I wish I had a picture to show you of the students playing the game. 


Comments