First Day of Fieldwork !


Today was the first day of Fieldwork at Bishop Dunn Memorial School! never observed one before so I didn't know what to expect!! Once we entered the classroom, we had time to set up before the students came back from lunch. First we conducted a preassessment from Google Forms. After the pre-assessment, we conducted our getting to know you activity.To get to know the 5th graders, my group and I created a board game with three types of questions. The first type were social studies questions from our unit, the second were questions about the students and third set were questions they could ask us. You can find game board templates HERE. Other Getting to Know you Activities from other groups included a Jenga game, another board game called Hopping through history and a game where everyone threw a ball and answered whatever question their finger was on. The classrooms favorite activity was Jenga, so way to go group one  !
 I can already tell the students are different from the fourth grades i was with last semester, some of the students seemed very unenthused about us being there.  Honestly, this is worrying me a bit and I am worried the students will not  want to pay attention or participate during our lesson. I think some of my group and other students in my class feel the same way as I do. I will try to incorporate " cool" images and techniques to keep the students attention.


Comments